With children and youth experiencing long waitlists for mental health services, One Stop Talk / Parlons maintenant (OST/PM) is a new virtual, free, confidential service designed to help streamline access to mental health support and reduce wait times across the province.
If you’re a child, youth in distress, or family member, anywhere in Ontario connect with One Stop Talk / Parlons maintenant (OST/PM).
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday Saturday 12pm – 4pm EST 12pm – 8pm EST
How Does it Work?
One Stop Talk is a free service that immediately connects you to a professional therapist from our network of community-based child, youth and family mental health agencies across Ontario.
Connecting with OST/ PM will ensure that children and youth in our community:
- Receive counselling from experienced and registered clinicians located across the province;
- Have access to after-hours service, including Saturdays (increasing availability of in-the-moment intervention);
- Receive a personalized plan, co-developed and shared with the client
- Self-select services at the right time, and obtain support for a current concern/issue; and
- Are provided a warm hand-off and referral to additional services if needed, within the same interaction.
This transformational initiative, funded by the Ministry of Health, aligns with the government’s pillars of The Roadmap to Wellness. It also supports the government’s commitment to creating a connected and comprehensive mental health and addictions system, which will ensure that Ontarians receive the right level of service at the right time and in the right place.