Lambton Public Health works to help babies and children get the start they need to become healthy teens and healthy adults.
Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) is a free, voluntary program for expecting parents, and families with children. The HBHC program provides prenatal support, a follow-up phone call after the birth of your child, home visits and parenting support from a public health nurse.
If you are pregnant or have young children (birth to transition to school), our team of Nurses are available to come into your home for regular visits to help your family learn about:
- Having a healthy pregnancy and birth
- The transition to postpartum life
- Support for positive parenting and relationship skill development
- Taking care of yourself and your children
- Services available for you and your children in your community
- Other topics related to healthy child growth and development
If you are expecting or have a family with young children, and are seeking information or support, call our Family Health Line 519-383-3817 to speak with a Public Health Nurse or email firstname.lastname@example.org.