The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) offers a package of e-courses to help employers, managers, supervisors, and workers understand mental health issues in the workplace. The following courses may be taken separately, or as a package:
- Mental Health: Awareness
- Mental Health: Health and Wellness Strategies
- Mental Health: Signs, Symptoms & Solutions
- Mental Health: Psychologically Healthy Workplaces
- Mental Health: Communication Strategies
Each e-course has a different focus – personal mental fitness, organizational health, recognizing signs and symptoms (and providing solutions), and communication strategies. By taking the full series, you will gain a comprehensive understanding about mental health in the workplace and learn what you can do for yourself, the organization, and individuals who may have mental health issues.
Key Outcomes: Mental Health Literacy
Cost: $$ (>$100)
Package Price: ($169)
Individual course prices:
– Mental Health: Awareness (FREE)
– Mental Health: Health and Wellness Strategies ($49 CAD)
– Mental Health: Signs, Symptoms & Solutions ($49 CAD)
– Mental Health: Psychologically Healthy Workplaces ($49 CAD)
– Mental Health: Communication Strategies ($49 CAD)
Provider:Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
Lesson: Online course-based
Contact: Via Website
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
CCOHS and High Point Wellness Centre have partnered to create this series of e-courses on mental health in the workplace. High Point Wellness has over 80 years of experience in the Canadian and American market places providing health care solutions for a variety of public & private industries, insurance sectors, workers’ compensation and consulting organizations. For more information, visit www.highpointclinic.com.
Source: Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
For more information on implementing an intervention at your workplace, check out COMPASS for Workplaces on how you can create a mentally healthier space.